Laptop computers are available for checkout in the Bruno Library at the first floor circulation desk. Policies regarding use are stated
below. Please note that you cannot access your Bashinsky account using these computers.
- Only University of Alabama faculty, staff, and students may check out laptops. No proxy forms may be used.
- Anyone checking out laptops must have a valid UA Action Card. No other form of ID will be accepted.
- Laptops will circulate for four hours and may be renewed if demand permits.
- One laptop per person.
- Anything saved to the hard drive will be automatically deleted when the laptops are turned off.
- Files may be saved to a writeable CD or DVD, saved to a USB-enabled Flash drive, e-mailed as an attachment, or printed via UniPrint. You must provide your own CD or DVD or Flash drive.
- Laptops may be used in the library only, and may not be taken outside.
- Late fees are $5.00 per hour or part thereof. The maximum fine is $200.00. There is no grace period. Any laptop that is 24 hours overdue will be declared lost, and a total charge of $1,510.00 will be billed to the patron's account. ($1,300.00 lost fee, $200.00 fine, $10.00 processing charge) If the laptop is returned in good condition, the $1,300.00 lost charge may be forgiven. The fines and processing fee will not be forgiven.
- You are responsible for any damage done to the laptop while it is checked out to you, and will be charged a damage fee of up to $1,300.00. Also, you will be charged $1,300.00 if a laptop is reported missing or stolen while checked out to your account.